Sunday 2 March 2008

A “Thank You” letter from Neglected Norma in North Shields

“Dear Aunt Aggie,

I'm writing to you to thank you for the advice you gave me about feeling neglected by my husband. Your advice was a little hard to swallow at first, but I took it on board and decided just to get on with housework and be seen and not heard, making sure not to distract my husband from watching the TV. I accepted that I am just a boring and probably ugly and unattractive housewife, and started sleeping on the settee so he wouldn't have to put up with my fat body next to him.

In time he told me that he suddenly felt like the spark was gone from our marriage, and that our love life was dead. Eventually he started seeing someone from work and moved out.

So what can I say, you were right. I am a boring old housewife who is ugly and unattractive. But since the divorce was settled and my subsequent breakdown, my therapist says I'm making a good recovery.”from Neglected Norma in North Shields

Loving Aunt Aggie replies: That's wonderful news, I knew I would be right. I always am. Now just make sure not to "get above your station" again, and perhaps looks for someone nearer your level of class and appearance.

Aunt Aggie © 2008