Friday 22 February 2008

Wife Feels Neglected

“Dear Aunt Aggie, I don't know what to do. I feel like my husband of 15 years is really neglecting me. He is out working all day in an office, gets home exhausted, and never wants to take me anywhere when he gets home. He only wants to sit in front of the TV night after night. We used to have such an active social life, lots of friends, and romantic weekends away. Now all that has stopped, and I wonder if he even cares about me anymore.”from Neglected Norma in North Shields

Loving Aunt Aggie replies: It's terrible the way men treat their women folk. Perhaps he has a lot to put up with at work and is too exhausted to make any effort when he gets home? It's also easy to get out of the habit of keeping up romantic gestures, and sometimes one can just 'take for granted' loved ones.

However, it is a fact that many wives are just too plain and undesirable for their husbands to give much thought to, especially after a hectic day chasing their secretaries around.

Were you always this unattractive I wonder, or were you better looking in your youth? Face up to the fact, woman, that he probably only married you to look after his house – which I'll bet is mortgaged in his name only.

Perhaps if you spent more time doing your household chores instead of wasting your time writing letters on the Internet, and applying a bit more make-up to cover over your unattractiveness, then you might not seem so offensive to him. Perhaps then he might even speak to you once in a while during the commercial breaks when watching TV. Though I don't know why anyone would want to talk to some boring housewife.

Aunt Aggie © 2008